Re: Starteling discovery: Antec 1200 filters block probably 70% to 90% of airflow.

Hello,

> > I am taking it very slow with re-building my PC and thinking and checking > about everything, every little detail gets examined. > > I was just cleaning the dust filters and noticed some water vapor on the > center or so... I started to wonder if they are perhaps obstructed by "white > stuff in the water". > > So I started blowing against the dust filter and keeping my hand behind > it... > > I didn't feel much airflow go through so I thought "that's odd". > > Then I started blowing more focusedly and still very little airflow went > through it... > > Then I removed the dust filter and blew directly towards my hand ! It felt > very cold and strong... then I placed dust filter back and almost nothing. > > So the dust filter is actually blocking 70% to probably a more realistic > percentage of 90% of airflow ! ;)

You're supposed to SUCK thru the filter, not blow on it! Try again. Suck hard. Feel all that dust in your lungs? Well, there ya' go.

Air flows slowly toward, and into, the fan from all angles. Air is forced out the other side at higher velocity, in a narrow stream. Place the filter on the slow side. The fan sucks. Your computer sucks.

Reply to
Beryl

Your theory sux.

My new theory:

No dust filters for antec1200 is 10x to 100x times better ! ;)

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Yesterday my new/fixed/partially passively cooled system without the filters was at:

32 to 36 celcius temperature for CPU (90 watts) and 29 to 31 celcius for motherboard this was at a room temperature of 22 degrees celcius.

So I think your system can do better.

But until it dies it's not a problem ;)

Bye, Skybuck :)

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Well, the numbers are NOT "50 to 60 percent".

Perhaps (not likely) for a poorly designed panel grill of punched holes, but definitely NOT for a standard wire form grill.

Your numbers were pulled out of your ass.

Even the worst grill in the world doesn't restrict flow 60%.

As usual, you and your assertions are a joke.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

ever

AlwaysWrong is ....... ?