Re: Skybuck's updated dream pc design for 2005 (version 4)

Though the guy didn't show any benchmarks results to confirm that proper speeds were achieved.. hmmm.

Still a bit worriering but ok ;)

Bye, Skybuck.

no

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Though the guy didn't show any benchmarks results to confirm that proper speeds were achieved.. hmmm.

Still a bit worriering but ok ;)

Bye, Skybuck.

no

because

the

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

What application is 4 gigabytes? Hell, what application is 2?

Reply to
Joe Mama

PC Power & Cooling TC1KW (1000W, 66A 12v rail) =$489

Reply to
Ed Forsythe

My computer (Athlon 64 3500MHz, Radeon 9200) pesg in at 236W.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Yes,

I was considering this power supply.

However here is what I think about it ;)

  1. First of all it seems to be very noisy according to Tom's Hardware. It didn't test this model but a previous model so this newer model is probably just as noisy.

  1. I think the company producing this power supply is using scare tactics. For example they say when 6 harddisks are connected they need to spin up and they might require as much as 36 watts. So that's about 180 to 216 watts. But I think maybe the graphics cards don't require so much power at the start up so this is compensated.

  2. Also most other components probably don't require any power when they not used. For example the card reader, the dvd drive and maybe some harddisks when 6 are mounted. So if this is true then in that case the 600 watt power supply should deliver enough wattage. And it has splendid reviews when it comes to noisy... Even at full load they say it's pretty quiet.

So I am willing to give the 600 watt power supply a try. If it really doesn't work I can always switch to a more powerfull supply ;) :)

The design is still not final so expect an update in the future maybe even within a few days but I can't promise anything ;) :)

Bye, Skybuck.

percentages

this

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

That seems very expensive. How hard is it to design a 1kW switcher at an arbitrary voltage?

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org