Re: PEEEEEEP

I hear a little zooming sound in my ears...

> >I can think of two possibilities: > >1. Too much gaming (Company of Heroe's + Left 4 Dead 2 + Dirt 2 ;)) > >2. High pitch sound coming from stock AMD X2 CPU Cooler ?! > >I think it's actually number 2 ?! > >Wacky ! > >Oh well. > >If the peep don't go away after I stop gaming... when I stop gaming... I >might have to do something about... shitty ?! > >Maybe trying to oil it ?!? But is it sleave bearing or ball baring fan... >hmmm...

Got a noisy fan?

iirc fluid bearing has least noise. examples:

Fluid dynamic bearing technology from Sony.

>Otherwise other cpu cooler needed but I already spent so much money on this >PC... I really don't wanna spent any more on it... and I wouldn't know what >cpu cooler get... this is pretty ridicilous.

I use something similar to this..

My idea was to do close to passive cooling ..+ a little help from a quiet fan made slower by the motherboard PWM and an app that allows to set the fan speed/cpu temp behavior. (I suspect there's enough case air flow to completely turn off my cpu fan for zero cpu fan noise.)

>My next computer is gonna be an ultra low heat computer ! Me pretty sure >about that ! ;) :P* ;) :) >(But must still have some power !;)) > >Bye, > Skybuck. >

I like that my cpu clock automatically drops when there's low cpu demand. Then my fan rpm drops to near nothing cause it's following the cpu temp.

Reply to
D from BC