Re: OT: Q on MS Nerd

>>Who wrote this garbage? > >If you really think its flawed,

Do you think that Word is *not* flawed?

then stop whining and use open office.

I tried OO, and it seemed to have an equally weird set of insert-image behaviors.

If I drag a picture into a big block of white space, why can't it just put it there? And why should inserting an image change fonts on following text?!

John

One of the design goals of OO seems to have been to reproduce MSO behavior as closely as possible, including bugs.

I frequently use OO calc, and several shortcomings of it give me goose pimples. I then tried Excel and found the exact same behavior.

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

Good old DOS-based Quattro was (and still is) superior to "Excel" which does not.

Reply to
Robert Baer

It's a WP program, not a page layout program. Once you've gotten used to using Quark/Indy/ or whatever, WP programs seem hopelessly crippled.

Reply to
SP

I use OO calc all the time. I don't think it's UI is the same at all. It's not as usable as Excel. .

--
  Keith
Reply to

I wasn't talking so much about the UI but idiotic oddities in number formatting, for instance.

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest