Re: OT: My letter to Ron Paul

[snip]
The government taxes everything it can, as many times as it >can. Since the government is desperate for revenue, and populism makes >most voters jealous of anybody who they think has more that they do, >tax policy is badly skewed away from actually benefiting the most >people. Get used to it. > >John

Jealousy is what it is ALL about. Liberals, leftist weenies and ne'er-do-wells are what give us the likes of Hillary :-(

...Jim Thompson

There's a good article in the current issue of Foreign Affairs. I'm not sure how much of it non-subscribers can read.

Exerpt:

"Well into the nineteenth century, the term "democracy" commonly referred to popular sovereignty alone, and a regime based on popular sovereignty was considered certain to suppress liberty. The rule of the people, it was believed, would lead to corruption, disorder, mob violence, and ultimately tyranny. In particular, it was widely thought that those without property would, out of greed and envy, move to seize it from its owners if the public took control of the government."

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

A pure democracy is indeed bad. But, for some reason, many Europeans think the US _is_ a pure democracy instead of a representative republic.

...Jim Thompson

Jim Thompson snipped-for-privacy@My-Web-Site.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

You are one of the few people that hate/fear Hillary more than me.

Reply to
JosephKK

Jim Thompson snipped-for-privacy@My-Web-Site.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

Both Americonneds and Europeons are are continuously fed the lie that they are not representative republics.

Reply to
JosephKK

Yep. Hillary is a truly dangerous woman.

...Jim Thompson

Seen on another newsgroup today:

No more Clinton, No more Bush, God Save us from the Clinton with a bush.

--
  Keith
Reply to