Re: laser pulse vs trigger pulse in oscilloscope

e:

output of a

he shape

er of the

he =A0square

k I can see

pulses. To

se and

=A0 that when

square shape

but it appears

blem.

t,

get a

hat

been

aser

n the

the Q-

really

ser

by

hat

h).

Pity about that. Despite the fact that it doesn't suit your little collection of self-serving delusions, I got the Ph.D. and earned the title Dr. Sloman.

No, but I wrote them off as Ken S. Tucker being pompous again.

Try reading the recent post from Abner Amber, where he finally puts in some numbers. Once he was provoked into thinking about what was going on, he realised that the unspecified delay he was seeing almost certainly came from the acoustic wave propagation time in his Q- switch.

Since you can't actually understand a lot of what I write, you do often see my clarifications as changing the message rather than making it clearer. That's you being stupid rather me "back-pedaling".

It's often around 30nsec, depending on the tube, the voltage across the tube and the length of the tube. In the event, about two orders of magnitude too fast to explain what the Abner Amber was actually seeing.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

e:

:

hed output of a

ee the shape

rigger of the

ee the =A0square

is ok I can see

two pulses. To

pulse and

ns =A0 that when

the square shape

=A0but it appears

problem.

rest,

you get a

rn that

has been

long

he laser

tween the

how the Q-

ody really

e laser

aid by

ll that

hough).

,

he

cy,

ht

ound

You may not be rich, but you can still mange to be pompous.

In what context?

Don't have one.

Scarcely. A "Q-switch" manipulates the "Q" of a laser resonator. If the "Q" of the cavity is left high, an individual photon bouncing backwards and forwards through the cavity can generate enough photons of the same phase and frequency - by stimulated emission - before it is lost to scattering or absorbtion to allow the appearance of a laser pulse.

When the Q-switch is "on", the Q of the cavity is reduced and photons get lost faster than they can stimulate the emission of new photons. No laser pulse, and the energy stored in the population inversion in the lasing medium just sits there, waiting for the Q-switch to be turned off.

Why do you feel the need to ask silly questions?

Sematics? "Semetics" might be a gay pun, but you are stupid enough that it is more likely to be a simple spelling error.

It sounds as if you were a technician, rather than a researcher, and are now suffering from delusions of grandeur.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

How can I compensate the delay and display both pulses together .displaying that I can measure the buildup time of the laser pulse . I wanna display two pulses together like the picture of this file

Abner Amber

What equipment do you have available?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Weird. Just noticed this was like 4 years old, but came up as new...yet another Thunderbird misfire.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs