Re: Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q9400 or Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E8400 with Intel® Q45 Express Chipset

Intel is making their Nth attempt at the embedded market. They are

> famous for discontinuing embedded processors just when companies are > about to start shipping product that use them.

At least looks like the PXA CPUs are still available from Marvell:

Any other embedded processors which were discontinued by Intel?

--
Frank Buss, fb@frank-buss.de
Frank Buss

Google "intel embedded discontinued"

Moto manufactured the 6800 for over 20 years. The 68332 is still in production after about 20 years.

John

Moto was a dedicated embedded maker too. They didn't have "PC innovation needs" at their heels.

They had mil folks, etc. at their heels, and they wanted hardware to operate, not a PC.

Moto clearly had more expertise at it.

Reply to
FatBytestard

Now about the other stuff that Motorola has been discontinueing. I always avoided Motorola parts.

                     "If it doesn\'t fit, use a bigger hammer!"
Nico Coesel

They also heavily promoted a Mobile Pentium chip for embedded apps, and then cancelled it just before production.

John