Re: Homebrew Anodizing

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

because you deny it so we

Little Jimmy was a chemist's som, but Jimmy is no more ....

What he thought was H2O was H2SO4.

Reply to
Frank Raffaeli

This bit, The Formation of Anodic Films (for electrolytic capacitors) may be a source of inspiration.:

The appeal of the microplasmic process I linked to before is that, compared to type II anodizing, microplasma produces a much harder, less porous, more corrosion-resistant film, faster, with benign electrolytes and almost no equipment. That's my interest, anyhow--I may experiment homebrewing, time ever permitting.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote: ...

Interesting reference. As I was reading it, I began to wonder when it was written--especially when I came to the photos and the part about "some nine or ten years ago, copper containers were in general use..." Aha, first edition copyright 1938. That explains it. Interesting bunch of practical stuff in there, though.

Cheers, Tom

Reply to
Tom Bruhns