Re: Fluke DMMs and VFD motor drives

Phil Hobbs Inscribed thus:

DaveC wrote: >>> I would go with the 87 as it seems to be better in just about every >>> way looking at the specs. It has better accuracy and resolution in >>> almost all categories. >> >> Accuracy and resolution are great, but for me in my work these really >> come in second to features (the low-Z and low-pass features, >> specifically). >> >> If it were not for the lack of a low-Z feature I'd buy the 87 in a >> second. >> >> But I need to determine if -- as pertains specifically to VFD voltage >> measurement -- the 117 is deficient (ie, does noise really cripple >> voltage measurement, and how often is this a problem when working in >> VFDs) in this respect. >> >> Thanks. >> > > Owning an 87 is the mark of a True Hardware Guy (tm). > > Cheers > > Phil Hobbs

I have a AVO 8 MkII what does that say about me. :-)

--
Best Regards:
                Baron.

I love Avometers.