Re: Fastest Audio Cable -- Really!

> > The reviews are quite entertaining.

$9999 for what appears to be a decorated cat-5 patch cord????

That's almost as much fun as the reviews, which were, indeed, entertaining! Apparently, some people HAVE caught on to the audio-phoolishness.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Classic! Thanks

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Pure copper means pure sound. Makes sense.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

There is a whole industry based on selling very expensive hi-fi hardware to gullible rich people. Probably many rich people are pretty stupid, just as many poor people are highly intelligent. Not all wealth is earned, for one thing - it's good to inherit, for example, and luck often plays a big role. Also you can make money by having a certain limited kind of intelligence, for example by knowing how to con people into buying stuff they don't need. Ethics can be an obstacle to getting rich.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

If you're into audiophoolery you might find this entertaining.

and this.

Pomegranate Bastard

No. No. No. For the purest sound you need the purest silver conductors, cause everybody knows silver is a better conductor than copper.

Reply to
josephkk

Only pure Gold cables will reproduce the deep bass properly >:-} ...Jim Thompson

El 14-05-13 4:46, Jim Thompson escribió:

I think you need a special gold/copper/silver alloy. Maybe you need some platinum to optimize some relevant parameters.

  1. Silver oxide conducts, that is always better then the insulating copper oxide.
  2. The alloy has better mechanical strength, so you don't get plastic deformation that will lead to long term time variancy in the transfer fucntion of the cable after prolonged use.
  3. The resistance is higher then for copper or silver alone. So the Skin depth is larger for the high frequency audio range, so you use more of the metal. More is better.
--
Wim
PA3DJS

Indeed >:-} ...Jim Thompson