Re: Durable cheap finish for home built receiver

>> > Oddly enough, I was just researching online Heathkit manuals for my >> > AR-14 receiver which is starting to act flakey. I remember the AR-15 >> > Heathkit as state of the art at the time. >> >> There were three versions of it: >> >> AJ-15 FM Tuner only. >> >> AA-15 Power amp & preamp only >> >> AR-15 All of the above in a single chassis. >> > I just wanna videotape the results when some body puts an ad in the > Newspaper: Older AR-15, fully functional, loaded, modified by a > professional builder.

Heh. I like it. I wonder if any of the electronics wizards could come up with terms that could apply either way, just to confuse them. I bet some audiophools could come up with something that'd make it sound like you're talking about an assault weapon. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

7.1 Channels, DVI-D and HDMI out, optical out, analog out, high s/n. 1080p full HD on both display channels, 8GB RAM, 1TB, GB Enet, and the case has been made properly conductive along its edges, and properly does the EMI/Faraday cage seal-up-the-noise regimen. Takes a week to build and configure with XP Pro, and Ubuntu, and XBMC for both linux and Windows.

For about $1300 you can haveone too.

BTW, there are hundreds of free "FM" stations online.

This thing integrates EVERYTHING.

XBMC rules.

WallyWallWhackr

Beige Furnace enamel, meant to be baked on, with a little carbon black added to tone it down more toward neutral gray.

Reply to
WallyWallWhackr

Amazing to read about the Heathkits now. I still have a perfectly working AA-15 connected to a United Audio DUAL-1019 turntable which also works just fine. These units both are very heavy compared to some modern versions.

Wilby

Reply to
wilby