Re: CRT Monitor flashes because of gsm/wifi/wireless signals ?!?

Hello,

> > Because my DreamPC from 2006 died I am not behind my old Pentium III 450 mhz > and a CRT Monitor. > > I notice how sometimes the CRT Monitor flashes. > > I once noticed how a guy held a GSM near a monitor and caused a big > degaus-like-phenomenon on a crt monitor. > > I am now starting to wonder if gsm/wifi/wireless signals are interferring > with the CRT monitor... I used to think it was perhaps dieing or old or > cable loose, but it still seems to work fine except for the occasional flash > which is kinda weird. > > So does anybody else has an explanation for the occasional flash (as if the > power drops away shortly) or has anybody else ,living in a city or land with > gsm masts/wifi and so forth, noticed any flashes on CRT monitors ?!? > Ofcourse nowadays most people probably have LCD's which don't seem to have > this problem... so I would expect the number of people to actually notice > this to be quite low if the effect is real/related to wireless signals. > > Also suppose this effect is real/related to wireless signals then why does > my old TV not have the same problem/behaviour/effect ?!? It's more or less > the same technology ? Or maybe not. > > In what way is a CRT Monitor different from old teletube TV technology ?!?!? > > (Both use a beam of light ?!?) > > Bye, > Skybuck.

I think the monitor is getting too hot. Must have lots of dust collected inside by now. :( It would be wise to open it up for inspection.

Reply to
Beryl

For once Skybuck has made a valid observation. GSM phones when close to some traditional crt monitors can induce sufficient stray voltage into the control circuity to interfere with scanning usually most pronounced just before they take a call and start to ring. The phone has to be very close to the right part of the crt. Better screened ones don't do it.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

I AM THAT I AM stelde dit idée voor :

Do not feed the F*cking trolls!!!

Reply to
=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Andr=E9,_PE1PQ

He *is* the troll in SED.

Reply to
JW

Said the troll, over here in s.e.d.

Reply to
I AM THAT I AM

From Wiki:

I'd say that provocative in this context means always posting mis-information, AlwayWrong.

Hahaha!!!

It is the way of the Keyboard Commando!

That's you to a T, AlwaysWrong!

Wow! It's like they know you personally!

to make trouble.

Amazing!

Indeed. How long have you been trolling SED, AlwaysWrong? [wink wink]

Or just an attention-seeking moron who nym-shifts to avoid killfiles. Wait, that's you as well.

Reply to
JW

Is that why they have been the same nyms the whole time?

nym shifters change to hide.

My nyms are several years old, with the most recent being several months old already, and *none* hide my ID.

You should probably try again.

If you leave lies out, you'll have your answer.

Then, there is that thing where you claim I am wrong when I am not.

Try again, little boy. Your immaturity is glaring again, troll.

Reply to
I AM THAT I AM

Ooops. Just sayin'...

Lord Valve