Re: Crowbar circuit?

Yeah, but we were replacing and updating boxes INSTALLED in the sixties... ;-)

They had a video distribution system on campus built using DTL that had a 12MHz video bandwidth, stereo sound and an intercom channel that had a 12x256 switch at the heart. Most of the larger classrooms had the system installed, with several equipped for providing sources as well! We were adding the ability to have a local VCR plugged into the control box. Plug in the special connector, and the monitors and sound system came on.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Ok, that was professional stuff. I was thinking about residential. I still have a whole box full of 1950's coax jacks and connectors that came out of some dismantled TV sudio. Wanted to use them for ham radio because they can be plugged and pulled a whole lot faster than PL-239. Then I got married ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.