Re: clock, data, and power on same line?

Of cours just because it *can* be done doesn't mean it *should* be

> done. A few more connections can make things a lot better.

AH, but if you don't *have* those connections? My home furnace control system uses 1wire because I have four conductors to each thermostat, and can't easily run more. Power, ground, LCD serial, and

1wire. The 1wire does temperature, humidity, and four pushbuttons. Outdoor weather stations use 1wire to report temp, humidity, precipitation, air pressure, wind speed, and wind direction - all on a single twisted pair.
Reply to
DJ Delorie