Re: 8051 to DVI interface?

In the middle of the stream with old s/w

and hardware .

But for $10 and cleverness , you can go 100

times faster , yet use the same bandwidth .

That is if you are not shut out by Microsoft

or Linux or C++ .

I will place many white LEDs in a matrix ,

and place white paper "notes" and images

over the LEDs .

Its a true GUI , on a budget . When i need

to send text , i will key log the text , and send

it by pressing one of the keys next to the LED.

I will use a $50 ucPROS.com ATMEL USB

mcu EVB . To make it send RS232 is trivial ,

needs no explanation .

One can record all the Linux command line , commands

and send them in proper order , as if you were a PRO .

You can hook it up to a PS-2 port ( K.B. ) and

operate WXP like a pro , for the 200KB of

stored key strokes and sequences inside the

$50 wonder box .

Now you will complain , it will take C++ , 2 years

to code ....

It can be done in Forth in hours .

This is just one of my projects , that will be done

in parallel , because i will use no existing software

to "slow" me down .

I will rewrite the USB [device] s/w to send full

duplex , and obsolete OTG and Host .

i'll hand it out free .

Its actually quite fast and simply , because the

USB team was after fame or fortune , so they

had to make it look wizardly difficult .

But i need no money , i know how easy high

speed serial really is .

And that makes it even easier to explain to others .

I have many EVBs to test h/w and run OpCodes

and familiarize myself with ARM 7 and 9 .

I will create a free OpSys to stuff in the

Ninetendo DS Lite . It has potential , and I/O pins

and WiFi and USB .

And to drive large LCD's and copy DVD movies

i'll use a GP2X game box .

Software is easy and fast , if you want it to be .

Reply to
werty

That's a set of indicators, not a display. Indicators are a great solution if the information to be displayed is binary and known beforehand, but dispays are more appropriate for arbitrary text and graphics.

You do not appear to have read the thread. Nobody mentioned Microsoft, Linux, C++. We are talking about an 8051 and some custom hardware.

You obviously are not familiar with the fact that I have been an advocate of FORTH for embedded systems for many years. That being said, it doesn't help to tell fibs about how fast C++ coders can finish a job. The good ones are very fast indeed.

BTW, Usenet posts are usually single spaced.

Reply to
Engineer