Randomiser circuit from John Fields

I've just received the following email asking about a 9 year old thread.

==================== Hello.

Found one old thread -

Do You have "the Random ON/OFF Timer Circuit", if yes, can You please send it to me?

--
Mart
====================

I would be interested in a copy of this circuit diagram as well.

Thanks,

Robert Wade

Reply to
Robert Wade

What does Q4 do?

Reply to
Robert Baer

If you found it, where is the link for the schematic please?

Robert Wade

Reply to
Robert Wade

Quoted from- Terry, East Grinstead, UK :

I've found my own contribution to that thread and uploaded it here

but I can't find John's circuit. I used News Rover to download 'All messages' from a.b.s.e but they appear to go back only to 2008. (Maybe there was some purge?)

So, if John is around or anyone else has the circuit or a link to it, could you post please?

Reply to
Robert Baer

In MY circuit, if I recall correctly (it's been some years since I did any serious practical electronics), Q4 is part of a fairly standard

2-transistor Schmitt.

Robert W, like Mart and me, was asking for a link to John Fields' circuit. So I'm still hoping one of the regulars can point him in the right direction please. I'd like to see it again too. Does JF still contribute here?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Reply to

--
Yeah, but S/N is pretty low here, so I mostly just gloss over all
the junk until something juicy comes along.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields

Many thanks, John. I'll email a copy to Mart who was apparently having trouble joining the newsgroup.

Do you know whether the a.b.s.e archive was pruned around 2008?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Reply to

--
Sorry, I don't have a clue...
Reply to

Binary groups are not archived as far back as text only. The time depends on each server farm.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell