PSpice 9.1 Current Controlled Current Source (F)

This ought to be easy, so I'm embarrased. But, can anyone clear up how to use a current-controlled current source (part "F") in PSpice 9.1? To get it to measure the controlling current, I have to connect the two measuring terminals with a resistor in between them. However, it then looks like PSpice treats the path through the CCCS as a short-circuit. So, I guess I have to attach a resistor someplace in that path. But, what value resistor? The same as the one between the two connection points? Or, do I have to come up with a combination of two parrallel resistors with an equivalent resistance equal to the resistance originally between the two connection points?

Reply to
DaveLessnau

No resistor needed in the sensing path... it's a zero-volt voltage source.

The _output_ is a current source (selectable gain), but you need to load it with something to avoid floating node issues.

...Jim Thompson

      It\'s what you learn after you know it all that counts.

Dave, The inputs don't actually exist as a pin connection in 9.1, they are just sense points. What you need the resistor for is two-fold. First, it provides a second connection point, so you don't get an unconnected pin warning. Second, if the other end is grounded, it provides a DC path to ground to prevent floating nodes. Usually, a very high value resistor prevents any loading effects.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson