Procurement

We did. But thanks for the link--I thought his name was Chuck, not "Ed".

Cheers, James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Well, heh heh. They were motivated to learn about manufacturing quality. We didn't "teach" them about it. To be teachable yourself is more important than the presence of the teacher. I'm going to say that the teachable quality of the Japanese comes from their Zen tradition, which has died out today. This tradition has a feature missing from US society: Self-Reflection. The practice of looking at your self to see what can be improved. You could say that US society is the opposite.

Reply to
haiticare2011