Present for Larkin

On Wed, 02 Dec 2015 22:24:33 -0800, Robert Baer Gave us:

Depends on one's recent diet.

There was a lady in a gaseous cave near Delphi who gave prophecies as a result. More recently, we have idiots like Donald Trump leading idiots around and he and they have all been breathing their own gasses. And it shows plainly to those of us who haven't.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I often google a subject and see my own posts, some years old, that I made to SED. They show up in google groups, electronicsrelated, and other web sites that scrape sed for content to sell ads. The neon walrus hasn't shown up yet.

How so?

Changing the source impedances into the filters, willy-nilly,
certainly doesn't help much, and asking for more taps gravitates
toward ordinary.

Certainly nothing you eschew.

John Fields.
Reply to
John Fields

Compare the sine waves.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

On Tue, 01 Dec 2015 19:15:09 -0800, John Larkin Gave us:

Idiot. You do it all the time. You say "Post some electronics." Mainly as a lame attempt to claim that it only happens here when you do it. Nevertheless, it is you making the request for posts.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I didn't ask him for this one, but it's admirable that he did post something on-topic. It's crazy that he then got all fluffy-feathered when I wanted to discuss, and improve, his circuit.

JF can't stand discussion, much less criticism.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I love discussion and I welcome constructive criticism.  Post a sim
fleshing out your "improvements" and let's have a go at it ...

John Fields
Reply to
John Fields

The very first reply to your original post does just that.

I didn't do any math, just guessed a couple of values, but the idea is that you can make a stepwise approximation of a sine wave by weighing taps on a shift register. It's the moral equivalent to a transversal filter, but working with steps instead of impulses. Some q-bars would help.

If you appreciate the concept, go for it.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

It's actually the analog equivalent of a transversal filter, and H-P probably have a patent on applying the idea to pseudo-random nose generators.

The HP written up didn't mention Gibbs oscillations and the consequent desirability of weighing the finite length of a real transversal filter with a raised-cosine (Hamming) weighing function).

It has been mentioned here from time to time.

You tend to end up with a lot of taps, and getting the weights accurate enough can be a drag too. Most of the low order taps needs E96 0.1% resistors plus a trimming resistor to get the exact resistance accurately enough.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

--
John, you never want to "discuss" anything and be found wanting, as
attributed to by your silence when potentially damaging questions are

Rather, your only interest is in the denigration of the "competition",
through chicanery, with your ultimate goal being able to make it to
the top of the heap by vanquishing everyone you consider to be a
threat.
Reply to
John Fields

Whiney old git.

Gotcha!

JF
Reply to
John Fields

I think the old geezer has a fetish for you.

Beware strangers "bearing" gifts. Or maybe in this case "Baring" :)

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

On Sun, 13 Dec 2015 20:19:20 -0500, M Philbrook Gave us:

Miles over your head, putz!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Mon, 14 Dec 2015 17:25:34 -0600, John Fields Gave us:

Somehow I was reminded of Donald Trump when you said that.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Everything seems to remind you of Donald Trump.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

On Mon, 14 Dec 2015 16:37:23 -0800, John Larkin Gave us:

Your stupidity certainly has.

With the exception that with you it ebbs and flows. With the Trumptard, it is static... all stupid, all the time.

The rotten bastard should be charged with hate crimes. Then the dumbfuck could sit in a jail cell and read up about what this country really is about.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Free speech seems to be turning into felony acts lately.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Depends on who's speaking.
Reply to
John Fields

--
If he's the walrus, then why not?

Same argument applies to you and your porcine predilections.

John Fields
Reply to
John Fields