power supply for embedded PC

Hi,

We're planning a product around this...

and we need a power supply, something like...

But the MeanWell is expensive ($107, 1-50) and unavailable. Anybody know of a similar gadget? We prefer a small size and a built-in, certified UL/CE ac power connector, so we don't have to mess with AC wiring.

John

On a sunny day (Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:55:55 -0800) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

Hi, John, I know you will probably not approve, but there are hundreds of Chinese PC power supplies here for a few Euro. They are a bit bigger, but have more power too. But anyways, I get a lot of OPC stuff from alternat.nl:

This, in stock?

Picked from here:

Not sure if they send to the USSA.

;-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Try Istar, they might have something that will work for you. We use one of the redundant versions in a couple of different embedded platforms. No problems so far. Not sure of the pricing we are getting these days.

Joe Chisolm
Marble Falls, TX
Reply to
Joe Chisolm

Somebody found this for us...

which is a "flex atx" type supply, which is apparently very common.

Cheap, too. Looks like it will just fit into a 2U enclosure, rotated

90 degrees to save panel space.

John

"John Larkin" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com... | | Hi, | | We're planning a product around this... | |

| | and we need a power supply, something like... | |
| | But the MeanWell is expensive ($107, 1-50) and unavailable. Anybody | know of a similar gadget? We prefer a small size and a built-in, | certified UL/CE ac power connector, so we don't have to mess with AC | wiring. | | John |

We are using a Sparkle power Medical switcher, but they have a standard

300w switcher for ~$80. Jameco carries them.

Martin Riddle

If you can get by with 150W,

And looking at the board you'll be using, that'll be more than adequate. In fact I doubt you'd even need 100W.

Otherwise

We buy their 250W direct from Fortron for 48 bucks. Our last PO was for

45pcs so they do sell smaller quantities.
Reply to
JW

Make sure you get something with fan speed control (either automatic or with some kind of I2C interface to the PS monitoring). The 40mm fans in those are crazy loud at full speed. I was just playing with one last night hoping to replace a failing, underpowered 40x40x10mm fan in a PC and I found that the 40x40x20mm "server" fan would run down to 3.3V and was still unacceptably loud!

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD

http://www.ben.com/
Reply to