power supply

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/recom-power/RAC05-12SK-C14/945-3393-ND/9695302

lunatic fringe electronics

Re: power supply
On Tue, 03 Dec 2019 20:35:26 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com

Brings new meaning to the term 'Phantom power supply'

We need a mains switch/breaker to go along with that.

Cheers

Re: power supply

"Looks like the input filter is dead - I'll just replace it with
whatever I've got in stock"

--
mikko

Re: power supply

Fun.  I sort of doubt whether that has the same benefit as wall warts,
namely getting rid of a lot of safety testing agita, but I've never
taken a product through UL cert myself.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

Right, at 5 watts out a wart will make more sense. At maybe 200 watts,
it might be useful.

I did a CE self-certify recently for a customer who wanted the sticker
on a box, and declaring that it used external DC (namely not our
problem) helped.

lunatic fringe electronics

Re: power supply
On Tue, 03 Dec 2019 20:35:26 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com

Slick

Re: power supply

I wonder: by how much margin does it pass conducted EMC? Some of their
PCB mounted ones (RAC01-XXSC) had disturbingly little margin without
adding my own extra filtering, making the compliance testing somewhat a
matter of luck, depending on the sign of the small errors in calibration
of the gear at the test lab. I guess it doesn't matter so much if your
timescale can accomodate more than one attempt at passing, provided you
are not selling a sub-assembly to someone else who will blame you if
their bigger product doesn't pass first go.

Site Timeline