ping J. Larkin

Some time ago I looked into the problem of sending VGA RGB over cat 5 These chips may have your interest:

Intersil EL4543 Triple Differential Twisted-Pair Driver with Common-Mode Sync Encoding 122 MHz bandwidth It has the cable driver and compensation In the datasheet there is application information, it uses a 2 pole frequency compensation up to 500 feet.

Intersil EL9115 Triple Analog Video Delay Line 120 Mhz bandwidth You can use that to the get clock and data phase correct at the RX side.

If you cannot find these dataheets let me know, then I will send them. All that said, I did not use these chips, but made my own cable driver. Not until 120 MHz though...

Reply to
Jan Panteltje