pic code help

has

Let me get this straight...There's an article in a magazine for building a project that includes a microprocessor but the code for the processor is not in the article, Is that the case? Are there any ways of purchasing the processor pre-programmed from someone? What does the article say about the code? Seems weird. Bob

Reply to
Bob Eldred

Maybe it was "left as an exercise for the reader". ;-D

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I built a "home alarm system" published in Elektor electronics magazine, january '99 for my school asignment. The problem is that I don't have the code for the processor. So if anyone knows where I could get it or maybe has it and would like to share it, I would be very gracefull.....

Reply to
pul

Elektor usually supplies programmed chips for their projects, in many cases the source code isn't available.

Leon

--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

Ahhh........... *for sale* - lol.

Considered writing the code from the flow diagram ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

"pul" schreef in bericht news:d4qj9h$rib$ snipped-for-privacy@bagan.srce.hr...

First: Do not multipost. If you want to post to different newsgroups, address them at the same time.

As you seem to have the equipment to program the PIC, learn PIC-programming. Tools are available from Microchip for free. As you have a flowchart already, it can not be that difficult and you really learn something but copying from a magazine only.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

Well, you have four choices:

  1. Buy the code on a floppy from the UK and have it shipped (mailed) to you. You might have them e-mail it for a small fee.
  2. Code it yourself from the block diagram plus what ever you want the device to do.
  3. Employ a PIC expert to program it for you. Maybe you can get a friend to do it for nothing if it's a moderate project.
  4. Forget about it! Do something else.

In any case even if you have the code, you may have to compile it and someone will have to program a part before you have anything useful. Are you prepared for that part of the project? Bob

Reply to
Bob Eldred

Why is it 'hard to get'?. Elektor will ship to any country in the world, for a small extra fee. Email them, I had their CD, including all the articles for 2003, sent to Soutn Africa for a friend, with no problems at all.

Best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett

looks like that's just what I'll have to do.... I asked becouse I'm a litle short with time but I got some book on pic programing so I'll give It a try ....thanks anyway!

Reply to
pul

AFAIK elektuur has a UK branch, so you could buy from them.

Alternatively: check EPE magazine.

Wouter van Ooijen

Webshop for PICs and other electronics
Teacher electronics and informatics