PHONO AMP WITH TRANSISTORS

Hi I am looking for a PHONO amp circuit based on low noise transistors NOT opamps .

Can you offer a suitable link to that ?

Thanks EC

Reply to
RealInfo

This should be perfect for you - way over the top !!!

If you ever build it please let me know if you think it's any good.

Michael Kellett

Reply to
MK

Wa-a-a-ay over the top! He should have built it with toooobs ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

On Feb 3, 12:51=A0am, "RealInfo" wrote: > Hi > I am looking for a PHONO amp circuit based on low noise transistors NOT > opamps . >

The 'signal processor' section lists manuals with schematics of the Hafler products from the 70s and 80s. I still have a DH-101 preamp which has a decent phono preamp - discrete.

G=B2

Reply to
Glenn Gundlach

Many tahnks guys

EC

"Glenn Gundlach" ??? ??????: snipped-for-privacy@v18g2000pro.googlegroups.com... On Feb 3, 12:51 am, "RealInfo" wrote: > Hi > I am looking for a PHONO amp circuit based on low noise transistors NOT > opamps . >

The 'signal processor' section lists manuals with schematics of the Hafler products from the 70s and 80s. I still have a DH-101 preamp which has a decent phono preamp - discrete.

Reply to
RealInfo

Yes i looked. What a piece of crap. Over 10 times too many transistors; all the resistors to support them adds noise. I can beat it in 6 transistors, 4 in a real cost pinch. I do not have any of my old schematics handy, and it is easier to recalculate than to dig. I will fix you up with the base circuit if asked, but you have to calculate all the parts.

Reply to
JosephKK

Absolutely dead on. "Designed" by someone right out of toooob school ;-)