Phone camera candidates? (MCU-if)

Any mobile phones that have an easy to interface camera that is worthwhile to rip from an otherwise broken/old unit ..?

I'm looking for 640 x 480 , 6 bpp still images sensors or better. That can interface to an MCU (PIC/AVR/Renesas etc..). Preferably I2C, SPI, Async etc..

Reply to
valwn
Brendan Gillatt

In the recycling boxes there's ten's of phones. Grabbing a few of them would be nice. Getting the ones that are easy to interface is even better and is faster and cost less than ordering one ;)

Seems the Ericsson module MCA-25 is a good candidate aswell.

Reply to
valwn

ile to

can

etc..

ver.

Kewl. Any idea where to find the pinout for the camera module in a MotoRazr? I found one slightly squished by the roadside.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752