http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Reply to
oparr

Wrong again, asshole.

Reply to
krw

This was for a MEMS based optical switch for central office telecom use so we did go through all the Telecordia environmental testing. Over the last 10 years with products in the field we have had no problem with the voltage on the PCBs although electro-migration and corrosion was experienced on some flex-circuits.

The voltage depended on the deflection required for the mirrors and it was rare to go over 130V. We did change to 5mil spacing for physical reasons (cracked traces after soldering).

My keyboard left out the digit for the breakdown on buried traces earlier - what I meant to say was that buried traces with 4mil spacing didn't breakdown until about 5.9KV.

kevin

Reply to
kevin93

Also buy PCBs with a high Comparative Tracking Index (CTI).

Mark

Reply to
markp

Cool. I didn't think you could go that high in a humid environment.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs