PCB Layout - power conversion

Greetings to my beloved team.

Over the years I have relied on your help in my day to day engineering adve ntures. I thank you immensely for that. I have been fortunate to have a so unding board such as this place to help with my efforts. Often times I wo uld say to my boss, "let me go ask my team, or let me put my best guys on i t." He had no idea who or what I was talking about :)

I have had a wonderful career as a result of a very good education, some h ard work and the help of some very good (and some not so good) engineers al ong the way. I have recently decided to go off on my own and work strictly out of my home. I have been able to connect with a small (but very qualif ied) outfit and do some SBIR work which has supplemented the meager offerin g the social security system is insulting me with on a monthly schedule. S BIR work has it's ups and downs and I find the need to fill in the gaps wit h other work.

Throughout my career I have done quite a bit of pcb design and worked with some very good pcb designers with good results. I have also worked with ma ny pcb designers who have caused me great stress and anxiety, You probably know who I mean. I have recently purchased PADS and Orcad design packages and am hanging up my shingle - maybe Altium next year. I would like to fi ll in the SBIR gaps with quality PCB design work. If you have need for a d esigner who is fluent with power supply boards then please reach out to me. I also have software for thermal analysis and can design heatsinks & cool ing.

While I have quite a bit of experience I have no customers. I am offering some very competitive pricing to get this adventure off the ground.

Thanks again for all of your help over the years.

Bob snipped-for-privacy@Hotmail.com

Reply to
Yzordderrex

We use PADS and have our own extensive parts library, and a layout standards document, based on what PCB fab houses like to do. You are welcome to any of that. Creating parts can be a nuisance.

I'll keep you in mind for layout.

What sort of thermal tools do you have? I often have geometries that have unknown thermal resistance, and I don't have tools or time to analyze them.

lunatic fringe electronics

These days where would-be technical types are into playing video games while still living with mom and dad waiting for them to die and leave them all of their hard earned belongings, it is good to see someone at least trying to make a go of it in this field....

I am sure that your skills will be needed especially in power conversion PCB layout.

Reply to
boB

As one SW engineer put it after he helped me out of a pickle, "We are all here to serve".

Thanks. Stored in the resume folder in case one of my PADS layouts needs mods. My local layouter has just retired and I don't do layouts myself.

If you haven't already you might want to consider a profile on Linkedin. That's where a lot of businesses go look for talent. Most important is to have your own web site which is very cheap these days. The domain name can be long, kind of has to be because everything is taken these days. However, it must be easy to memorize, spell and be found in searches even if slightly mistyped, so don't use Yzordderrex :-)

You don't have to pay lots of money to web designers. I created my simple site using a word processor. It looks early 90's but has brought me lots of business over many years.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

[...]

Thank you John. I may take you up on your offer. Designing parts is a pia.

The thermal package I use is called Sauna. I've been using it for over 20 years and bought it at least 3 times for various employers. It works. The re is an option for dynamic modeling, but I haven't found the need for that at this time.

regards, Bob

Reply to
Yzordderrex

Thank you Joerg. I think I will review my linked in profile. I do have a friend who is putting a page together for me. Please keep me in mind for layout. I'm more than just a track putter-downer.

regards, Bob

Reply to
Yzordderrex

I remember Sauna. It was built on top of ECA, which was a excellent netlist-based non-Spice circuit simulator. But (memory is fuzzy here) it was 2D.

lunatic fringe electronics