Over 10dB noise reduction at 300MHz

Sony Noise-Canceling Headphones, with "Over 10db noise reduction at 300MHz"

Winfield Hill

I can barely hear up to 96 MHz, so I limit my radio hearing to the low end of the FM band :^)

Reply to
Don Bowey

On a sunny day (Sat, 24 Nov 2007 10:14:19 -0800 (PST)) it happened Winfield Hill wrote in :

:-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Does mHz make more sense, or what is your point?

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

I bet thay are using these Linear Technology parts available from Newark ( Grin ... )

LT1112ACN8#PBF - LINEAR TECHNOLOGY - Operational Amplifier IC

Image is for illustrative purposes only. Please refer to product description Manufacturer: LINEAR TECHNOLOGY

Newark Part Number: 57M1727

Manufacturer Part No: LT1112ACN8#PBF

RoHS Compliance : Yes

Description a.. Operational Amplifier IC b.. Number of Amplifiers:2 c.. Bandwidth Max:750GHz d.. Slew Rate:0.3V/us e.. Package/Case:8-PDIP f.. Amplifier Type:Low Power Precision g.. Leaded Process Compatible:Yes h.. Offset Voltage:20V i.. Operating Temp. Max:85 C RoHS Compliant: Yes

Reply to
Jure Newsgroups

The pharmaceutical outfits probably have a pill for that. Of course, it would need to be used in conjunction with oxygen-free, audio enhanced, gold plated, dynamicly balanced, impedance matched monster cables.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Oh dear.

No, three hundred millihertz would also be somewhat out of the range of human hearing.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

$20 for a pair of filters with only 10dB attenuation at 300MHz? Good God man, you can get ferrite filters that'll do far better than that for fifty cents each!

Reply to
Winfield

Not to mention that tin foil hats will do far better, for much cheaper.

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Winfield Hill hath wroth:

Nice. It probably cancels rock, grunge, techno, punk, rap, trance, disco, talk radio, and perhaps even commercials. Only 10dB reduction in these offensive noises isn't great, but it's a good start.

300MHz. So that's were the strange subliminal voices in my head are coming from.
--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature

Winfield snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

But you are not a platinum plated audiophool.

Reply to
JosephKK