OT: The Coast Guard are after *you*

IANAL but not the use of the word "border" in the citations above.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

========= Amendment IV.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." =========

There is no exemption. There is no word "border" in Article 1 Section 8 either.

--
Andrew
Reply to

The INS trap on I-5 is well north of San Diego. Is San Diego outside the border?

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Haven't been down that way in ages, since supporting a Navy customer down on Cabrillo Point. I do remember the most wonderful Italian place somewhere near Talbot and Rosecrans where we used to do lunch. Damn, that place was so good it's almost worth the trip back there ...

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

I vaguely remember a really good one along in that vicinity, but not at that particular intersection... marvelous cioppino.

Used to eat there regularly when the parents of a son-in-law lived out on Point Loma. ...Jim Thompson

              With Half My Brain Tied Behind My Back
              Still More Clever Than Mr.Prissy Pants

The I5 there might be the equivalent of the border. Hardly matters anyway, the Supreme Court has decided that 4th Amendment protection doesn't extend much beyond your back porch.

Beryl

These type of lead in sentences are a real turn off for me. I become a complete cynic after anyone starts off with this kind of crap.

So this happened to him six weeks before writing this, and he has the ability to render this opinion. Why not chronicle other , worse offenses that are unconstitutional (such as some of the imminent domain nonsense).

I bet this guy never even considered asking this type of question until something bad happened to him.

I am much more impressed with a story from a guy like this where he has heard about an injustice to someone else and gets all worked up about it.

This letter seems crafted as a sales pitch to get some old lady worked up. These things kind of fry me. They are often self serving and disingenuous.

Reply to
brent

the=20

exception.[55]=20

the=20

=20

Fourth=20

Dreamer. While legally true, it is operationally false.

Reply to
JosephKK

president=20

reader,=20

the=20

the=20

no=20

public=20

What in all dominion ever gave you the idea that politicians care diddly about the law. They believe that they are the law unto themselves. Worse, we the people, encourage them.

Reply to
JosephKK