OT: Something Like Chess Timer, But Single?

I'm looking for something like a chess timer, but just single, not dual.

I want to set anywhere from 10 seconds to one minute.

Whack the start button, runs, single chime or beep at end of time period.

Whack again, restarts the timer cycle.

All I've been able to find are duals.

...Jim Thompson

and a saw? (c:

--
Al, the usual
Reply to

You could fire up the old solder iron and build one around a CD4060. I know that's not the answer you wanted to hear but then you could later tell your grandkids: Look, grampa made that!

Some of the kitchen timers might be able to do that. We had an analog one. Don't remember the brand, it didn't survive the container shipping. It could be set to a certain time and then used if you had to stir something in intervals. Beep, stir, whack, tick-tock-tick-tock, beep, ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Can you say, "monostable multivibrator" (one-shot)?

Because that's what you've just described. A chess clock is like a timeout stopwatch. Push button A, start the timer, push button B, it pauses, push button A, it picks up where it left off, etc.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Jim,

Did you have something like this in mind?

James T. White
Reply to
James T. White

But you have to reset those each time of use, don't you?

...Jim Thompson

[snip]

I just point at their GPS, or Cell Phone, or WiFi, or Digital TV Tuner or ...

...Jim Thompson

Darkroom timer?

Martin Riddle

Have an HP48?

Martin Riddle

No, I have one of the cheapy digital units. It is a little 2 inch square white thing with large LCD digits on the readout. You use the minute and seconds buttons to set it, and press start to make it go. When it times out it beeps a couple of beeps, and the display goes back to the set time. Press start, and the timer goes through its cycle again.

-Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Harris

Reply to