OT Reminder Calender

Before my harddrive crashed; I had a program with a calender. I could set an appointment on any day up to a year in advance, add a note and the program would send me an email that morning to remind me of the appointment. I don't remember what the program was, I thought it was part of XP but I don't find it. Any ideas on a program to do this?

Thanks Mike

Reply to
amdx

Hello Mike,

I used to do that with MS-Works. That was in DOS times and I don't know whether Works still has that feature. Anyway, Works usually comes with PCs.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

I've been playing with TimeLeft3 (freeware) to remind me that there is aneBay auction going off that I might be interested in. The only thing I can fault it for so far is that it tries to do everything. Ideally I'd like something that works the same way on Linux and XP.

--
  Keith
Reply to

I had a wonderful DOS program called Calendar Creator that has Outlook's calendar all beat to hell. What it really had that I liked was a way of remembering a benchmark birthday (say, my brother's 52nd birthday in 2005) and then every year after that it would say, for instance on the 10th of March 2006 that it was his 53rd birthday, then next year 54th and so on.

Anybody got one that will do that in Windoze?

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

Hello Jim,

MS-Works 2.0 (DOS) did that for me for years. Not that I used it for birthdays but it would squawk one week before every biz tax report due date. It would keep doing that every month, quarter, year or whatever the required frequency was until you told it to stop. Oh, and it also did the actual tax calcs for me as long as I was caught up with data entry.

Works Suite seems to have birthdays and all this fancy stuff but I haven't used it yet. Too much glitz, I need something simple.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

I have one called Perfect Time that worked under Win95, but has lost it's alarm ability under Win2K.

I'm looking at...

Anyone know about or have experience with this one?

...Jim Thompson

     It\'s what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Outlook Calendar--- That's the one I was using. Thanks Mike

Reply to
amdx

http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:_0X_hAHNlB4J:

http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:4rIrN6OKyYQJ: