OT: Prestigitation, or presto?

For some reason, the word "prestidigitation" came up recently, and I thought it'd be a kewl word for a spelling bee. As I thought of it, I suddenly realized that I wasn't sure if it's "presti-" or "presto-", which would be logical, since "presto" is a word that prestidigitators are reputed to have used.

So, one, I envision being in a spelling bee, going, "P, R, E, S, T, ... just a sec I, D, and so on.

So I looked it up. Yes, it's 'i', but this link came up, and I found it interesting - it's a little wordy at first, but if you can wade through the first few sentences, there's a larf or two in there, depending on your POV:

Happy Solstice! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippi

didn't understand a word of that