OT multitasking, video editing

I discovered that I can take movies, and I can ski, but I can't take movies and ski.

caution: 66 megabyte file

The Brat gave me a skiing helmet for Christmas (hedging her bets about the estate tax increase?) so maybe I should get a helmet cam. It might be less jerky than handheld, and it would let me use my poles.

So, can anyone recommend a basic easy-to-use Windows video editor? All I'd want to do is snip and splice, and maybe do something to reduce file sizes.

I haven't looked at your movie but if you are really serious about helmet-camera video capture check out the stuff that parachutists use. Those guys really know how to get good movies.

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Here's our pick-and-place machine for an 80-lb power transformer

That's interesting: let Youtube process it! Hell, let them store it, too.

I just ordered a cheap helmet cam from Amazon.

640x480 should help keep the file sizes down for extended crashes. The shaking and motion doesn't justify any better resolution than this.

How can they sell something like that for $42?

I didn't look at the original as I'm on a capped 2 Mbps connection. Did you use Format Factory on that? How does the image quality compare with the original avi clip?

Reply to
Pimpom

I use a converion program that came with my camera. Since it's mp4, it is slightly less resolution than avi, but should not be too bad. I've been re-doing lots of my old video and post it to my server. JL's 4MB and 8MB files are no big deal.

Reply to
linnix