OT More on multifunction tool

Had my first "real" (not-test) use of the Harbor Freight multifunction tool yesterday. My aluminum screen/storm door bit the dust (bad hinge) and had to be removed. It was mounted (into wood) with 17 galvanized 3/4" #8 Phillips pan head screws. As you can probably guess, some of the heads were rusted, and stripped when I tried to unscrew them. I used the multifunction tool to cut slots in the stripped screws, and used a flat blade screwdriver to remove them. The tool was perfect for that job! I used the blade that came with the tool, and got perfect slots for the screwdriver blade. And it cut *fast*.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Metal-cutting blade?

...Jim Thompson

They just call it a saw blade.

Maybe the Fein or Dremel has something they call a metal cutting blade that is somehow different from a wood blade, but based on the teeth per inch that, by the nature of the tool, must be a high number, I'd guess that all brands of multifunction tools have saw blades that are suitable for wood or metal or plastic or whatever else they claim. There's no description beyond "saw blade" in the instruction manual, nothing to tell you if it's hardened steel, made from unobtanium or suitable for audio with or without monster cables. ;)

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr