OT: Mailware

there's a graphical version of "lynx" now, still the text version too.

also "links", "elinks" and "w3m"

Those are just the ones in debian, dunno how many of those, (or others) are for windows.

None of them support javascript, so no gmail, it should work with squirrelmail-based systems though.

--
For a good time: install ntp

Jasen Betts

"dozens" is an understatement. The "mainstream" protocols number in the dozens -- and there are scores of lesser known/used protocols as well! Scant few of which use a "web browser" -- yet are "on the 'net".

I suspect he thinks "The 'Net" is the WWW. No doubt unaware of all the other technologies that predate it's development (Archie, Gopher, WAIS, Veronica, etc.) along with all those (e.g., above -- and more!) that continue to coexist alongside it.

Of course, there are also folks who think TV was always "in living color", phones have always had buttons, -- and have probably never seen a horse-drawn carriage! (outside of a parade)

Reply to
Don Y

Then change it to, e.g., "R:\Stuff I Want To Keep" -- or

Reply to
Don Y

Ah, OK.

Yesh, I suspect too much of the WWW now uses "canned" web-page-factories and site-designers -- all using fancier design structure than HTML "1" and 2.

I used to rely heavily on lynx to avoid the graphics that were creeping into web pages -- invariably as *ads* -- as I was typically looking for "information" (text) and not "entertainment". With a 19.2K modem, why would I *ever* want to pay (i.e., wait) for an *ad*?? :-/

Reply to
Don Y

What is EXTREMELY irritating is that "My Documents" is virtually hardwired n as a default in many for getting or storing file.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Guess you do not know how to read.

Reply to