OT: "It could never happen here"

Go spend a few days or weeks sitting in the waiting rooms of a VA hospital to see Disabled Veterans. You better hope that they get treated for PTSD before they arm themselves and go on a shooting spree. Due to improved medical care for wounded soldiers, we're seeing a lot more TBI cases, as well.

There are a lot of Disabled Veterans who want to work, but can't get a job because businesses are afraid to hire someone who my get hurt or killed at a job site. They can't all work next to an exit, and the business could lose their insurance if they have people who can't leave a building on their own if there is a fire or other disaster.

I'm sure there are a few con men, but I've spent too many hours and days in VA hospitals to listen to your bullshit. A lot of con men who never served have tried to claim that all their records were lost, to get medical care.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

100% Disabled Veterans were supposed to get that same $250 check, but I haven't seen or heard of anyone getting either. I know that I haven't.
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"entitlements"

this year,

prices on

up in a

from

About all that proves is that any system can be gamed.

Reply to
JosephKK

There are more than a few vets that are technically 'connong' the system. More power to them. They deserve whatever they can wrest out of this sad excuse for the governing body of the greatest nation ever.

Bull. Despite being a failed government, they do have good databases, and if you didn't serve, you will not be on it, and if you did, you will.

AM

et

Yes, I hadn't considered the insurance problems. Seems BS to me. I would gladly give up the insurance coverage if I could get the job. But Obama would never allow that.

One the cases I know of did go on a shooting spree while still in service, fired a weapon at a police officer, and ended up getting an undesirable discharge. No disability other than bad dreams, and is still able to collect PTSD.

And I have spent time in VA waiting rooms. Usually about 5 hours to get a cat scan.

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

uld

er than

When I heard Pelosi say that I finally understood her--she's really that dim. She doesn't understand, but believes, and when we oppose her she thinks it's 'cause /we're/ evil.

She really doesn't understand that _she_ is making things worse, that her ideas are _the problem_.

Amazing.

James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

get

and

Cat scan? That's an outrage, right up there with pet scans!

Scanning people's pets...grrrrr.

;-)

James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

JA > When I heard Pelosi say that I finally JA > understood her--she's really that dim. JA >=A0She doesn't understand, but believes, JA > and when we oppose her she thinks JA > it's 'cause /we're/ evil. JA >

JA > She really doesn't understand that JA > _she_ is making things worse, that JA > her ideas are _the problem_.

Pelosi looks and acts an awful lot like the idiot caseworkers fro Child Protective Services.

The "Social Worker Mentality" seems to be common among the left wingers.

The "Nanny State" stuff fits right into that.

Much like caseworkers and social workers, most of them could not do a real job and are not even qualified for the makework job they do have, but they PONTIFICATE substituting their IDEOLOGY for EDUCATION.

Reply to
Greegor

Not your insurance. The business's insurance. The rates can go sky high or just be canceled, outright at the insurance company's whims.

A recent change in VA policy requires everyone listed as having PSTD be reevaluated, and to get mental health care.

I sat over nine hours past my appointment, waiting to see a doctor in the eye clinic. I got there at 9:00 AM. The appointment was for

10:00 AM, and I didn't see the doctor till 7:00 PM.
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

ht

VA

e.

't get

ve

s and

who

go sky

TD

Ahh, Comrade Michael, health care criminal! You already reap the glorious bounty of state health care. How the rest of us burn with envy, how we despise this profligacy, this injustice, and laud Lord Obama for having seized this decadent waste for redistribution amongst the People.

Soon we too will have what you have (or had, any way). Yes we can!

James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Then be ready for the Alan Grayson health care plan. it doesn't even fill one page. In fack, it is just two sentences: Die! Die Quickly! :(

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

octor

for

en

Okay, Grayson's got himself covered. Cool. Change we can believe in, and so forth.

Now for the rest of us, it remains to throw off this lawless monstrosity our renegade Congress has inflicted.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

How is she any different from Obummer? ...or do you believe that while she's stupid, he's simply evil?

Indeed. We haven't seen the bottom, either.

Reply to
krw

ht

VA

e.

't get

ve

s and

who

go sky

TD

Yes, re-evaluation is a major threat to PSTD collectors. They constantly worry about the check stopping next month. No wonder they have bad dreams.

Yes, that's a long wait, but the outcome was good wasn't it? I don't mind waiting if I know how long it will be. If I had any complaint of the VA system, it would just be the lack of accurately estimating waiting time. Seems like something easy to do.

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

ht

VA

e.

't get

ve

s and

who

Well, I also had a pet scan to go along with the cat scans, I don't know what I haven't had, other than cats and pets. They keep blasting me with radiation. I glow at night.

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

I do not have to wait...am seeing it since His Highness..

Reply to
Robert Baer

Check, double check and TRIPLE check!

Reply to
Robert Baer

It also means that they will get better treatment for real problems.

It was one of seven visits after I lost the use of my right eye to 'Bells Palsy' It took about three months before they decided that I was recovering the use of that eye.

Not in a facility whose expansion was delayed by over 10 years. A new patient tower is being built to house no critical care. Then the old patient rooms will be used to enlarge, or add new clinics. Some clinics are in leased space, a long way from the hospital. They are supposed to double the number of operating rooms, as well. The clinics are scheduled very tight, but people sent for emergency care still get priority.

You know what they say: The US Army may have invented 'Hurry up & wait', but it took the VA to perfect it.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

e:

should

er than

she's

He's just a community organizer, pumped full of hype and empty of knowledge. He doesn't understand that which he presumes to control. That leads to him constantly embarrassing himself; he looks the fool. But he's a rabble-rouser, and his rabble don't care.

His goal is plainly to turn the USA inside out and upside down. Why? I don't know what's in his heart.

Is he pure? I've seen him fib, spin, and misrepresent, bribe, corrupt elections, violate law after law, circumvent the Supreme Court, and other untoward things I've never seen before. Things I never imagined I'd ever see from a President in America are now commonplace.

I'm not sure, but I don't think I really care about Pelosi, Reid, or Obama's motives. What they're doing is destructive, and I want them to stop. Now.

That's my read too.

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

should

than

Again, how is Nancy any different? Old age has clearly gotten (in)firmly ahold of Reid, but Nancy is an Obummer clone.

Clearly he hates the US and everything is stands for, as do the rest of the leftists.

Again, how is this any different from what Pelosi has done in the House, or Reid in the Senate?

They clearly won't. If the Republicans fizzle in November, write it all off.

...and that's the best case scenario.

Reply to
krw