OT - Gah! Modern packaging

You must have some nasty critters growing in your water. The first thing I do if I cut myself badly is to wash it out with tap water. I don't remember the last time I had a laseration get infected. I've had puncture wounds get infected but that's the nature of the beast.

Sure. Not much different than a paper cut.

Reply to
krw

They should ban bagels. Coasties just aren't safe around them.

Reply to
krw

I have a bunch of them but they're not as good as a trusty old box cutter.

Reply to
krw

Den mandag den 20. februar 2017 kl. 04.32.39 UTC+1 skrev John Larkin:

cut towards your chum not your thumb

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

The FDA (or maybe Homeland Security) could make it a felony to sell non-pre-sliced bagels.

Safeway sells a lot of junk, but their bagels are really good. Ditto their Boston Creme donuts, which they call Bismarcks for some reason.

lunatic fringe electronics

Bagel related injuries?? Are those bagels baked by Dwarves? (Sorry, obscure discworld reference,

George h.

Reply to
George Herold

Grin. One day my left hand will get hold of a knife and teach my right hand a lesson.

George h.

Reply to
George Herold

So you're on about the rotten fish too, eh?

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Cut towards the cutting board. ;-) I dispise bagels (taste like a week-old donut) but the best way I've seen of cutting them was to roll them between the knife and cutting board.

Reply to
krw

Those don't sound like proper bagels. They're supposed to be bread dough (preferably hand-rolled), not cake, and they're supposed to be boiled before being baked to give them that lovely dense moist chewy consistency on the inside, sort of like good sourdough buns, and at least a little crusty and salty on the outside. Plus some secret stuff goes on.

There's any number of consumer gadgets for helping with this - from $10 to $35 for guillotine or knife guides. Resturants often just drop them in a machine and kwaaaa-thunk they come out sliced.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

They're "proper" bagels. They taste like crap. Best use as a weapon.

Sure. I've seen those but don't have one.

Bakeries drop a whole loaf of bread in the machine and "kawaaa-thunk", a sliced loaf of bread comes out, slices all lined up on a board, ready to bag.

Reply to
krw