OT: For Oppie

The voice of Robert Oppenheimer in the Godzilla remake.

Martin Riddle

Link comes up as "we couldn't find that page"

Oppie (aka Robert Oppenheimer, electrical engineer and no relation...)

Reply to
Oppie

I think all the videos have been removed because of copyright issues with Warner Brothers.

The first atomic bomb was detonated on July 16, 1945, in the Trinity test in New Mexico; Oppenheimer remarked later that it brought to mind words from the Bhagavad Gita: "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds"

Oppie

Reply to
Oppie

Yes, those were the lines that were used in the trailer. It was not exactly as it was orignally spoken, cut and spliced to make it more direct.

The scene was typical Godzilla aftermath while Oppenheimer was speaking, then a mountain of dust, Godzilla, and his shriek.

Interesting none the less.

And yup apparently WB pulled it for copyright reasons even tho 2014 is the release date.

Martin Riddle

For those who don't know, I was named after Robert Oppenheimer by a grateful father who was fighting in the Pacific during WW2. As terrible as it was to drop the A-Bomb, it undoubtedly spared countless lives vs invading Japan. Dad swore that if he got home in one piece, he would name his first son, Robert.

Oppie

-- go commit random acts of peace

Reply to
Oppie

My father was spared the draft (he had been called up but hadn't yet reported) by the dropping of the bomb. My middle name is Robert but nothing to do with Oppenheimer. My mother finally conceded that much to her mother-in-law (her favorite name). ;-)

Reply to
krw

Dad was so nearsighted that he could barely see his hand in front of his face. Following Pearl Harbor, he tried to enlist. Before taking his glasses off for the eye test, he memorized the chart... By the time the Army found out, they just assigned him to a signal corps cryptography unit in Australia. My brother found this with dad in it

Oppie

Some info for that web site.

The pub was the Albert Hotel (not in Albert street) and the street could be Adelaide or Ann street. Adelaide is more likely.

David Eather

Den torsdag den 10. oktober 2013 05.24.00 UTC+2 skrev Oppie:

at around 1:30 :)

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen