OT: cordless drill to drive a skateboard or scooter?

And now you are a trash talking tough guy wanna-be troll on the Internet.

newssvr25.news.prodigy.net!newsdbm05.news.prodigy.com!newsdst01.news.prodigy.net!prodigy.com!newscon04.news.prodigy.net!prodigy.net!newshub.sdsu.edu!elnk-nf2-pas!newsfeed.earthlink.net!stamper.news.pas.earthlink.net!newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net.POSTED!b1a104da!not-for-mail

Sep 2006 22:21:27 PDT)

Reply to
John Doe

What's wrong? Won't your mommy change your shitty diaper?

-- Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to prove it. Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell Central Florida

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Seems there is a nice solution to that. A direct drive wheel that allows coasting, found on at least one trike/tricycle.

John Doe

HOW much ?!

Go to Harbor Freight and get an 18V cordless drill for 1/10 of that cost.

I got mine to help me install new car speakers; still working great, on its first charge.

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

That one will last you a few years. The $250 one will be useful to your grandchildren. I still have tools that belonged to my grandfather, but these days that level of durability is simply not necessary for most people.

There are benefits from being irrational - just ask the square root of 2.
John Woodgate

I'd rather have several cordless drills with different bits so I just pick up and use the tool, rather than have pain shooting from my fingertips to my shoulder when I have to open or close the chuck. * Some days the carpal tunnel is so bad I can't even hold the drill, let alone use it. I bought two 14.4 Volt cordless drills for $24, because they wanted $18 for a spare battery pack. I've also noticed that no one has stolen any of them, since i quite buying the expensive ones.

  • No, not a woodchuck! ;-)
prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Cordless? I don't think the drill's NiCd batteries would be useful to my grandchildren...

;-)

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

All I can see when I look at that is some 3-year old kid trundling down the neighborhood street, drill chucked into the drive wheel, "Rrrr-Rrrrr-Rrrrr..." at about 2 mph.

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

I just read the latest Popular Mechanics magazine,which had a short bit about a 18V cordless drill-powered bike(DeWalt drill),it had a proprietary torque multiplier said to be critical to the application.

Run time was not so good,IIRC. There's limited power in the 3 AH battery pack. (although it's easy enough to swap out quickly.)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Maybe you use Pee-wee Herman drills.

No one has questioned the power that is scheduled to arrive today.

newssvr14.news.prodigy.com!newsdbm05.news.prodigy.com!newsdst01.news.prodigy.net!prodigy.com!newscon04.news.prodigy.net!prodigy.net!newshub.sdsu.edu!cyclone1.gnilink.net!spamkiller.gnilink.net!gnilink.net!trnddc06.POSTED!dd653b87!not-for-mail

Reply to
John Doe

According to the PDF file, Panasonic drills locate the FET right next to the fan. I suppose that's where most are.

Some decent technical information in that owner's manual.

--
My Makita 18 volt MXT arrived defective and was returned, still
looking. Some Panasonic cordless drills have 3.5 amp hour NiMH