OT: Chrysler..

From an investment newsletter:

The lawyer for Chrysler's secured bond owners yesterday saw the Supreme Court reject his petition for review. He posed an interesting question, wondering, "whether our judiciary is able to fulfill its constitutional mission to ensure that the rule of law prevails ? particularly in the face of perceived crisis."

Judging by the Chrysler bankruptcy and the treatment (murder, torture, denial of habeas corpus) of the prisoners of our armed forces, it should be blindly apparent to everyone that the answer is no. Our government rarely lets any crisis go to waste, as ol' Rahm Emanuel so keenly quipped. That probably doesn't bother many of you. It scares me. (But you've probably never had all of your assets seized without a warrant or a hearing... I have.)

Reply to
Robert Baer

For once, I've got to agree with John Larkin - this is persistent off- topic spamming, and it really ought to stop.

If we wanted to read your right-wing fruit-cake investement newsletter every day, we'd subscribe to it.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

(But

Not ALL -- just my bank account. Not that I had any other assets at the time.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria