OT: Best Wireless Mouse??

My two-year old Logitech wireless mouse is dying... sporadically sending double clicks during a single click.

I can't say I'm terribly thrilled with how the silver finish turned cruddy so quickly.

Any recommendations out there for best replacement?

Or has Logitech improved?

...Jim Thompson

Jim,

I have the Logitech "Cordless Mouseman Optical". I have used it daily for about two years for PCB CAD and general use. The battery life is OK. I have used NiMH batteries in it and it works OK, although they don't last as long as alkalines obviously.

Overall, I've been happy with it. I use it in linux as well and no problems there either.

Cheers,

James.

Reply to
James Morrison

Which model number? I presently have a Cordless Mouseman Optical, only identifying marks are P/N 831146-0000, black bottom, silver top.

It sees 12 hours/day usage.

The "silver" quickly eroded down to white plastic.

The left button is now bouncing.

Logitech has served me well in the past, just don't know whether they've gone overly cheap now :-(

...Jim Thompson

Hello Jim,

No idea since I don't use wireless mice. But from a mechanical ruggedness point of view I always liked Kensington products. Unfortunately my last large trackball came to grief when there was a roof leak in a company building and I couldn't find it in the stores anymore.

For input devices I always buy white or black plastic stuff. After seeing lots of recalls for kids toys, anything with bright or shiny color schemes makes me suspicious about what's in there and how much will penetrate through the skin should it rubs off.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

P/N 851480-1000 M/N M-RR63

It is also black on bottom, silver/greyish on top. It has a clickable mouse-wheel and a thumb-button on the side that is handy if you can configure it.

That's about similar to mine.

The top colour has not worn through except in a few areas where it got scratched.

Like I said, no complaints. If batteries lasted longer that would be good. But I'd say that no matter what.

Cheers,

James.

Reply to
James Morrison

Hello James,

Do they also make a Mousewoman? :-)))

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Why don't they make shaking rechargeable mouses? :-)

--
Thanks,
Fred.

I thought mousewomen were cordless as standard.

When will we be getting gentically modified mice?

Reply to
Roger

Um, don't NiMH have a bit more maH than alkaline?

Reply to
Brian

One of my engineers has a cordless optical mouse he has had more at least a few years. The nice thing is that it is rechargeable. When not in use, you drop it in its stand and it charges.

I have a GE version and it sucks batteries like Jim Thompson sucks cheap wine (couldn't resist with your signature line)!

Reply to
Brian

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 23:01:39 -0500, "Brian" wrote: [snippage]

Shelf life sucks on NiMH.

Reply to
qrk

OT but black and white are dyes too.

vic

Reply to
vic

I use a Logitech MX700 rechargeable optical mouse at work and an MX1000 at home (spilled a cup of coffee in home MX700s charger/base and had to replace it). I've had them for a couple of years and they still work quite well, though the palm rest on the one at work is wearing. I go back (though it helps to get a 50% discount on Logitech gear ;).

--
  Keith
Reply to

Hello Vic,

Yes but mostly the material is colored through-out whereas most of the shiny stuff is plated onto the surface and consequently comes off easier.

For one of our designs the marketing folks wanted a "loud" color. So we went to the plastic granulate dealers and they basically offered three choices:

a. Pick one of these 16 colors, sign a deal for x many tons of the granulate. Cheap.

b. Pick any other non-metallic color you like, sign a deal for x many

40ft containers full of the granulate sacks.

c. Pick a shiny metallic finish and have it plated on, sign for any qty you want, then pay through the nose.

Marketing selected "a" and took the color I liked the least. Bright purple, yech...

They probably still have umpteen sacks of the granules in the stock room.