OT Asteroid orbiting Sun, Mercury and Venus.

Hi,

a few day ago, astronomers discovered a 1km dia asteroid orbiting inside the earth's orbit.

Been hiding itself from us for a while ....

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

It is much more likely to slingshot around one of them into a new orbit, including one that crosses Earth's.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Everything in the solar system revolves around *everything* else. The sun is just the heaviest of them, it's not a fixed axis like in an orrery.

Once the asteroid has enough kinetic (orbital) energy, it's more likely to crash into the sun only because the sun has a bigger cross-section area than the earth, not because it has a bigger gravitational pull.

CH

Reply to
Clifford Heath

The John Doe troll stated the following in message-id <sdhn7c$pkp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And the John Doe troll stated the following in message-id <sg3kr7$qt5$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And yet, the clueless John Doe troll has itself posted yet another incorectly formatted USENET posting on Wed, 25 Aug 2021 03:42:35 -0000 (UTC) in message-id <sg4e7b$6fb$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me.

Reply to
Edward Hernandez

The John Doe troll stated the following in message-id <sdhn7c$pkp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And the John Doe troll stated the following in message-id <sg3kr7$qt5$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And yet, the clueless John Doe troll has itself posted yet another incorectly formatted USENET posting on Wed, 25 Aug 2021 04:25:09 -0000 (UTC) in message-id <sg4gn5$9ha$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me.

Reply to
Edward Hernandez