OT: Are you now or have you ever been a climate skeptic?

Are you now or have you ever been a climate skeptic?...

...Jim Thompson

I'm pretty sure the reason for the Fermi Paradox is that intelligent creatures like to debate things with each other so much that they don't act right up until the point the exponentially growing lillies have covered half the proverbial pond.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

I read the article and I found virtually no information. There are a few items of fact, such as, "The ranking Democrat on the House Natural

universities about seven researchers"... and "Wei-Hock Soon, a scientist at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics whose work has been critical of the climate-change ?consensus,? didn?t adequately disclose support for his research from energy interests" and "John Holdren"... "challenged Pielke on droughts, citing various research showing that they may be getting worse."

None of this is damning evidence. It is only when the right wing spin is added that it sounds so heinous. I don't care what the political views of anyone are, but I really don't understand how any intelligent person can read a highly biased and inflammatory article like this and come away thinking they have learned anything. Are people really so gullible and easily deluded?

--

Rick
Reply to

Why do you think that Exxon-Mobil invested some $20 million dollars in fund ing the denialist propaganda machine? They weren't the only investors, but they may have been the least careful in covering their tracks.

Lots of people are gullible and easily deluded - quite enough to have block ed effective action to slow down anthropogenic global warming.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The fact of the fossil fuel industry keeping their funding for this so-call ed research *secret* is very damning! Thompson, and people like him, are go dammed morons. The *secrecy* behind the funding is the real scandal here, a nd the trashy article cited by the moron Thompson is their very weak pre-em ptive strike in defense. This will become a major scandal before long.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

On Monday, March 2, 2015 at 8:20:12 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: This will become a major scandal before long.

Sort of reminds me of those "..And I'm an Energy Voter" ads during the last election, whatever the F^ck that is? And even without knowing, whoope-dee-freakin-doo. Doesn't mean you actually KNOW anything about energy. Or can even spell it.

More likely, you're just a mouthpiece for the fracking industry. Or the XL Pipeline.

THEN AGAIN.... Jim's old enough to remember what this planet was like before fire was invented. Maybe we should listen to him? :)

Reply to
mpm

Something of an exaggeration. He and I were both born before the transistor was invented, but both post-date fire by a few thousand generations.

Listen to Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson? Only for amusement.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

How do you know what I know? From what I can observe from your posts, you're some kind of semi-educated non-professional. The only reason a trained ape isn't doing your job is because of animal cruelty laws.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Probably wasn't too clear, but I was not singling you out. I meant the actors on those Energy Voters, not you.

But since you asked... The reason a trained ape isn't doing my job is that they have all been promoted to senior management positions. :)

Reply to
mpm

No no no- a hyena is not an ape.

Reply to