OT: A RETIREE'S LAST TRIP TO KROGER

They may have it now, it was a couple of years ago that I did my search. I still have plenty. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I have a full box out in the shop, so I should be OK for a few years as well.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That's a good point I hadn't thought of, or seen.

Reply to
flipper

like

So Don't.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

prior

like

sold

city

Yep. Even then a lot of people were used to crappy soaps and cleaners that didn't work very well, but were advertised heavily. Soap opera shows et cetera.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

chow

that

intensive

both

that

simply

    ...Jim Thompson
   |    mens     |
  |     et      |

Thanks, i needed that.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

You don't get the 'Kroger' discount price if you don't.

Reply to
flipper

He is too stupid to grasp the math.

Reply to
Chairman Meow

That "discount" can be rather substantial. $5.69 for a 12-pk of Coke, $11 for three by swiping the card. KKK is clueless.

Reply to
krw

It's easier than that. Get a Kroger card, but use your fax phone number. When you go thru check-out, you don't swipe a card, you enter a phone number, but never get bothered by sales calls.

And don't have to carry "store discount" cards... I use the same phone number for all :-) ...Jim Thompson

I have *never* had Kroger call me. Using the number still tracks your purchases. That's the normal beef.

Reply to
krw

Weirdest store name I know of is "Terrible Herbst".

That one is genuine. I still await someone opening "Master Bait and Tackle".

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Run by ex President Obama when he retires to Hawaii?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

He's running it out of the White house now.

Reply to
krw

Tackle".

No. That's "Master Bait & Switch", since the SS refuses to handle his worms.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Fry's Food and Drug is currently owned by Krogers. Charles Fry sold the market chain to someone in the early 1970's and used the money to eventually kick start his three sons in the retail electronics supermarket business forming Fry's Electronics.

In my checkered past, I lived on a farm that grew and sold zucchini to a nearby Fry's market.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

I wanted to change my name from Jeff to Jack so that I could use "Jack D. Repair" for my computah repair biz name.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

And claim that your non-customers 'Don't know Jack'?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Tackle".

I thought that's what interns were for.