OT: A RETIREE'S LAST TRIP TO KROGER

To counter the OT political crap:

A RETIREE'S LAST TRIP TO KROGER

Yesterday I was at my local Kroger buying a large bag of Purina dog chow for my loyal pet, Jake, the Wonder Dog and was in the check-out line when a woman behind me asked if I had a dog.

What did she think I had an elephant?

So because I'm retired and have little to do, on impulse I told her that no, I didn't have a dog, I was starting the Purina Diet again. I added that I probably shouldn't, because I ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a Perfect Diet and that the way that it works is, to load your pants pockets with Purina Nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is nutritionally complete so it works well and I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone in line was now enthralled with my story.)

Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care, because the dog food poisoned me. I told her no, I stopped to Pee on a Fire Hydrant and a car hit me.

I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard.

Kroger won't let me shop there anymore.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Oh, Crap! I'm FOTFLMAO so hard I couldn't stop until I ran out of breath... and my wife came running into my office asking what was the matter >:-}

I'll have to practice that up, but substituting cat food.

I may not be able to... I break up now just thinking of the fire hydrant part ;-) ...Jim Thompson

ROTFLMAO!

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Isn't that a lot better than all the political trolling? ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Don't hurt yourself. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Thank you Michael. That was a good laugh. Now off to share it :).

Reply to
tm

OK. I've _seen_ this one before, and it's still funny.

http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to
Tim Wescott

ow

at

ve

can't you just revel in the compliment?

Reply to
brent

It's already been shared, a lot.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

A crazy woman in Alabama e-mailed that to me. She's been there WAY too long!!! :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You must live just for compliments.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

g chow

ne

r that

tal

ensive

both

that

mply

ly

dog

.

as

he

I don't live for them, but when I get a sincere one I enjoy it.

Reply to
brent

It wasn't my joke, so it wasn't my compliment.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I thought you were the retiree...haha..silly me.

Reply to
brent

I am, but there are no Kroger's in the state. The last I heard, they stop in Tennesee.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Nope. They're all over Alabama and Georgia, too. I know of seven within 15 miles of me.

Reply to
krw

Then they are making their third attempt. Twice they've sold off everything south of Tennessee, including a batch of stores that never even opened in Florida They were to open under a different name, till Publix, & Winn-Dixie found out. I haven't seen on since '88.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Kroger corporate runs umpteen different names all over the US; checkout their SEC filing - the names run for pages.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Methinks you're making too many assumptions from anecdotal experience. Kroger is the country's largest grocery store chain, its second-largest general retailer by revenue, and fourth-largest retailer in the world.

flipper

Beleive what you want. I shopped there for 20 years before I moved out of the north. There were news articles about them trading store locations with other chains because of high shipping costs.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell