Open Source Electronic Design Software

Anyone remember PUFF, a microwave design software, I think from Cal Poly SLO or Pamona?

I say it should all be open source, tools, not video games.

********* cross posted:
frank.agee

Anyone remember PUFF, a microwave design software, I think from Cal Poly SLO or Pamona?

I say it should all be open source, tools, not video games.

********* cross posted:
frank.agee

posted:

It was Cal Tech. What about it?

Dave

Reply to
EE123

Yep. I have a copy around here somewhere on a floppy.

...Jim Thompson

I'm getting a book now from the library that has PUFF in it. Not sure if PUFF is still used, still being developed.

What other > On 15 Nov 2006 22:12:12 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

copy around here somewhere on a floppy.

Reply to
frank.agee

I think it's safe to say that PUFF is still used by various amateur radio guys (or similar electronic enthusiasts) and students. It's not being developed further.

I'm not certain, but if you're willing to expand your scope to "free software" rather than "open source" software, Ansoft SV is much more powerful than PUFF (it includes a planar EM simulator for starters!) and very much worth looking into.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

Yes, still use it now and then. It's been upgraded a few times, see:

Barry Lennox

Reply to
Barry Lennox

Free, but not open source:

Appcad.

Sonnet Lite.

TXline.

ATLC.

John

In this group (and this holds for most of Usenet) we like to see posters trim previous text and BOTTOM-post. http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:SXIajvWUVHAJ:groups.google.com/support/bin/answer.py=answer=12348+Tempting-though-it-is-*-*-*-*-*-*+remove-*-*-*-irrelevant+STOP+zz-zz+Summarize.what.you're.following.up+BOTTOM+qq+Usenet

Observe:

frank.agee@ gmail.com wrote:

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:DpUwyQGayF0J:

*-*-*+with.source&strip=1