Opamp Audio Amplifiers (rehash)

There was a thread going on in here that died out before we got to the heart of the matter. It concerned an audio amplifier built around an LM386 that was a little too noisy for their use.

I'd like to take it a step further. I've got a pet circuit that I use for opamp input driving what we used to call complementary symmetry output devices, but I'm always willing to learn new tricks.

Here's my limitations: Drive (using smaller or larger devices) between 4 and 600 ohms, separate amplifiers for the hi-z and lo-z loads. Automotive battery supply, so PSRR with gawdawful spikes necessary. Prefer to drive as close to the rails as possible. Voice only, no music, up to 10% distortion acceptable. Cheap parts -- LM324, TIP output devices for high power,

2222/2907 for the low power. Automobile environment ... hot in the summer, cold in the winter.

Anybody got any pets that they are very happy with?

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

How about I read between the lines and call you a useless cunt.

DNA

Reply to
Genome

Sno-o-o-o-ort ;-)

...Jim Thompson

We once had a product that used the LM386 and it just didn't have enough "oomph" to it. So (eventually) we redesigned it.

Now it uses the LM4950TA from National Semiconductor. Major, major, major improvement!!!

Reply to
mpm

How about I read between the lines and say that you don't have a frikkin' clue how to answer so you resort to what you are an expert in ... ad hominem.

I've got students that try and bullshit an answer also ... it doesn't work.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

I've got a lot of respect for the work you've done, Jim. What is this supposed to mean?

Jim

RST Engineering (jw)

I got my bath of fire using a Plessey single source synthesizer chip that was taken off the market just as my product went ON the market.

Never NEVER again a single source for anything, including National.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

I apologise.

Monster

40 billion bonus points for an 'ad hominem'...........

Don't work like that. You asked something you should be able to Google and use a bit of intelligence to work out. You also asked it in such a greasy obtuse way. Ooooooooh Yickkkyyyyyy!

Your students would not bullshit an answer if you did not bullshit the question in the first place.

DNA

Reply to
Genome