Only when he looked her straight into the eye, became it clear to him she was an other species, an android.

Only when he looked her straight into the eye, became it clear to him she was an other species, an android. ftp://panteltje.com/pub/canon_a470/LED_eye.jpg

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

"Jan Panteltje"

See ABSE for much clearer pic of similar LED.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

On a sunny day (Thu, 2 Oct 2008 13:36:14 +1000) it happened "Phil Allison" wrote in :

That group is not universally accessible.

But this is: ftp://panteltje.com/pub/canon_a470/phil_smurf.jpg

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

"Jan Panteltje" "Phil Allison"

** The pic will appear here in a day or so - as do all other ABSE pics.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

On a sunny day (Thu, 2 Oct 2008 21:15:31 +1000) it happened "Phil Allison" wrote in :

Thank you for the link, did not know about that 'replay' site.

I am testing the Canon A470 camera, bought if just for the super macro, with through the lens focus. Pretty good value for money. And, yes I have better pics of LEDs, but not of androids.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

"Jan Panteltje" "Phil Allison"

** The older Canon A430, which I have, has one HUGE advantage over the A470 and most other similar cameras - it HAS an optical view finder !!!!

Without such a view finder, photography in outdoor daylight is very difficult, if not impossible, using the LCD screen.

The view in the optical finder zooms in step with the camera zoom too.

AFAIK - only Sony and Canon cameras feature optical zoom finders.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

On a sunny day (Thu, 2 Oct 2008 21:48:11 +1000) it happened "Phil Allison" wrote in :

Yes, but it is not that bad, this viewfinder gives a lot of light, the camera has some other stuff, face recognition, more pixels then the A430, the controls are placed a bit better I think. Have not been able to do much outdoor yet, as it has been pooring rain all week... But I grabbed the sky at midnight, 15 second exposure, but did not hold the camere completely still... so the stars are no longer points: ftp://panteltje.com/pub/canon_a470/stars_east.jpg Pretty good, will repeat that sometime with the auto timer.

Well, I have several cameras, even with the Mustek video with only LCD view finder I got a good shot of a plane, lost it against the sun for a moment though:

How does that work, with a prism? Does that not reduce light on the sensor?

Perhaps much of that will be fixed with OLED or E-paper viewfinders...

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

"Jan Panteltje"

** It is totally washed out and USELESS in average outdoor daylight.
** No, the optical view finder is independent of the main lens.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

On a sunny day (Thu, 2 Oct 2008 22:50:40 +1000) it happened "Phil Allison" wrote in :

Well, of course I did _some_ outdoor shots, and it was no problem. Only problem is that the viewfinder gets all white when you keep the camera low, so you sort of have to have it at eye hight. In fact the viewfinder is so bright that I used it to find my way in the dark, no kidding, as flashlight :-) Maybe Canon simply improved it.

So they then have a separate zoom mechanism for the viewfinder? I like what you see is what you get, especially for the picture composition.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

"Jan Panteltje" "Phil Allison"

** Only possible in weak, overcast light.

You are so full of shit.

** Err - yes.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

On a sunny day (Thu, 2 Oct 2008 23:06:37 +1000) it happened "Phil Allison" wrote in :

Denying reality is _not_ a good sign Phil. ftp://panteltje.com/pub/canon_a470/phil_smurf.jpg

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

"Phil Allison" ...

My 'old' Fuji Finepix A330 has it too.

Arie.

Reply to
Arie

On a sunny day (Thu, 2 Oct 2008 19:55:46 +0200) it happened "Arie" wrote in :

My perhaps even 'older' DigicamII (once sold by KPN telecom in the shops) has it too: ftp://panteltje.com/pub/DigicamII.JPG

That one runs on a 9V battery, has USB, and can be used as webcam too, and that is what I use it for. It is based on the Vision Cpia chip, actuall yonce wrote some soft for that. One of the first CMOS sensors! If not the first, was used in a lot of cheap cameras, 352x288.

So what is new? ftp://panteltje.com/pub/canon_a470/phil_smurf.jpg

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

"Arie"

** But none of their similar ( pocket size) models do now.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Phil Allison" ...

Well, I'll be very careful then it then. I've posted an example picture taken with it in ABSE. I bought it especially for that kind of work.

Arie.

Reply to
Arie