One thousand years from now

Correction. Green 200mW laser pointer can burn a nice hole in your retina, so one may call it a weapon, even smaller than hand-held...

--
Andrew
Reply to

By that criteria, a box of thumbtacks would be a weapon of mass destruction.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Reply to
jimp

Put them around the explosive and they will be. We can discuss the definition of "mass" though.

--
Andrew
Reply to

Certainly could be a weapon of ass destruction.

Reply to
krw

Very droll...

Reply to
Androcles

Those are all good ones, but what about all the new and improved WMD, and loads of seriously pissed off folks that have nothing better to do or further to loose, that are still looking for a fight down to the last man, woman and child.

The good news, at least coal will have become a thing of the past.

Perhaps by then we'll be running mostly via drawing upon on geothermal energy, burning thorium and otherwise running off of he3/fusion, unless the LHC manages to create a terrestrial nova or any number of those pesky black holes.

~ BG

Reply to
BradGuth

Correct, such as burning the dysfunctional bodies (dead or alive) of Vladimir Vassilevsky, via some newfangled kind of biological/he3 fusion.

~ BG

Reply to
BradGuth

And perhaps by then the White House will have become a synagogue, and more than 75% of the global population will have become of one sort or another public funded, as representing bigger government and their vast army of brown-nosed minions. Meaning that one man, woman and child out of four has to pay for everything.

~ BG

Reply to
BradGuth

Here's a thought, put them in a cylinder in front of the explosive and then we can direct them...

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Reply to
jimp

That is bullshit. IF you actually used your brain while watching that crap, you would have noted that the ONLY place that cloak "appeared" to be invisible was when one looked through the viewing screen. Maybe you missed that little tid bit. That was VIRTUAL invisibility.

ZERO external viewers see invisibility, and projectors are required even for those that do get to look through the little screen to see the "effect".

The cloak itself, however, has exactly ZERO capacity to cloak anything beneath it.

You need more common sense.

See "brainlessness index". There is a picture of you.

Reply to
lurch

Productivy will be so huge that 1% of the population could produce everything everybody needs.

So what will the other 99% do?

John

Why don't you eat a box or two, and we'll see if it destroys you, ass.

Reply to
FatBytestard

Logical conclusion: why any population at all? All people required do make their lifes mutually comfortable probably constitute less then 1% of the population... Others are only creating the problems... How about that?

Vladimir Vassilevsky

DimBulb, you're so cute when you're mad. Now go put mommy's panties back in her hamper and get ready for bed.

Reply to
krw

John Larkin wrote: ..

Engage in tetchy but idle speculation about the future?

Richard Dobson

Reply to
Richard Dobson

The greatest fear of a society is to lose existance. This can be through either outside > We still have problems with noise

You write that particularly with voice recognition / speech synthesis in mind. I think this is a universal challenge. If you can develop a general theory that can suppress any noise without loss of information, then make sure you earn one cent for each implementation.

-- Paul

Reply to
Paul Koppen

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

Destroy what the 1% produced.

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

Consume it.

-- Les Cargill

Reply to
Les Cargill

-The Grand Canyon is filled with concreted and polyurethane. Condos

-Disney opens theme park "Planet Earth" on Mars

-CRT makes a comeback

-#1 or #2 is no longer a human bodily function (recycling technology)

-Fast food fly thru

-Perpetual Motion

-A Cure for belly lint

-Loch ness monster "nessy" is still a mystery

-Wireless/cellphones will actually work, all the time. Full duplex, no delays, no "are you still there" (ie: like it was before wireless/ cellphones)

-49 women for each men

-No more pot holes

-Sadly, Bill Clinton will still be making speeches.

-Pluto reclaims full Planet status again.

-Jimmy Hoffa.......Still missing.

-and finally..No more newsgroups

Reply to
Dave