O.T. Cellphone price add ons

My rant;

I had a $39.99 advertised plan with Cingular, with all the taxes, franchise fees, state and fed taxes, etc. the phone cost me $49.60 every month. When Nextel advertised a $36.99 plan I rewarded them by dropping Cingular and getting a Nextel phone. I'd save $3.00 Right? Wrong the Nextel phone costs me $52.18 every month! The phone costs me an additional $2.58 per month.

Cingular advertised price $39.99 final cost $49.60 Nextel advertised price $36.99 final cost $52.18

Why does it cost more? Well it seems Nextel charges me $1.49 to print the call detail on the bill they send me. ( A list of all calls made and recieved) Nextel also has something called, "Additional Nextel Charges" of $2.89. Gee that's almost the $3.00 difference in the advertised prices. "Additional Nextel Charges" "Additional Unadvertised Nextel Charges" What's next; Additional Walmart Charges, Additional Sears Charges Additional GM Charges Additional Bellsouth Charges Additional Charges I don't feel any better:-/ Mike

Reply to
amdx

Read a couple of issues back in "Consumer Reports" for a review of wireless providers.

Verizon clearly is on top.

The wannabees have LOTS of complaints.

...Jim Thompson

"Winners never quit, quitters never win", Jack Bradley Budnik ~1956

[snip]

I've been with Verizon since I carried a "brick".

Never any trouble, very few bad reception areas, and I've run into only one case of no coverage... North Mountain (Franklin), in the middle of nowhere in WV... even the 100 mile unpopulated stretch of I8 between Phoenix and Yuma has complete coverage.

I have had run-ins with ATT and other land providers... you just have to be assertive... stop looking for friendship and reach out and kick ass ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Have you ever tried to quit verizon? The easiest way i have found is simply to quit paying them, and remind them that i quit when they complain and hang up immediately.

--
JosephKK
Reply to